Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fall 2009 Report: What I am Craving

We have had some cold weather recently in my neck of the woods.  Just a few rain storms and hail once, for a few minutes. But either way, I have a hankering for fall in a bad way.  Although, because of this premature cold weather (and husband going back to school), I am a little sad that summer is ending.

Anyway, onto my favorites this fall.  Some of these are things I already own and some are things I feel I NEED.

1) I need a few more sweaters.  I put a bunch to rest last season (partly because we were moving and the easiest thing for me to do when prepping for a move is get rid of clothing).

2)  I no longer have a white button down.  Essential wardrobe piece, if you ask me.  Or anyone. 

3) I have an aubergine corduroy blazer I bought near the beginning of my style transformation and I love it.

4) I recently bought this black and white tweed skirt from Victoria's Secret (I never buy their lingerie, oddly enough, but love their clothes online!) and it is so perfect.  Another classic wardrobe staple, I think.  Also, you can't tell in the picture, but, the b/w tweed is woven with a few multi colored threads, which I think is an interesting twist on a classic. 

5) I am (fairly) determined to find a pair of skinny (or straight that look skinny) jeans that work for my body.  So far, I have tried on countless pairs with no luck.  I am a skinny person!  I don't understand this!  I just want them to tuck into boots, so maybe they won't look as weird on me that way. 

6) Wanting a grey dress.  Actually, I am kind of on a dress kick lately.

7)  I only have the brown suede boots.  Bought before I was obsessed with being cute and girly, so they are very comfortable and practical.  But I have mostly a wardrobe that goes with black, so I need some black ones, this time with perhaps a bit more femininity.

8) And I am dying, DYING, for a pair of grey slouchy flat boots. 

0 comments: