Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Foundation: In My Opinion, One of the Most Important Steps

I have a few product reviews to do, so keep a look out.
First off, I needed new foundation. For the past two years I've been using (and very happy with) L'Oreal's True Match foundation. They have a superb color range for drugstore makeup, it is quite blendable and gives good, yet sheer, coverage. However, sometimes I get bored. Sometimes I just want to try something new. I saw this foundation in a magazine and thought, maybe I'll give it a whirl.
Anyway, it's by Covergirl, a brand that I have previously decided I don't trust or like. I have never liked any products I've tried from this brand. With the exception of this foundation. It's called Clean Oil Control Liquid Makeup. I noticed in the ingredients that it has silicone-based particles, which is kind of the same concept as those expensive foundation primers.
I think it blends well as it goes on, it does everything a foundation should. It makes a great canvas - smooth, even skin, makes me look "naturally perfect", which is kind of my beauty mantra. And as far as oil control, I guess it does that well enough. Probably better than my last foundation. If you are super oily, I'm sorry, but there is no miracle product out there. Trust me. But this foundation still looks pretty decent after a long day and even better if I take the time to blot once during the day. I have given up on perfection, but I must say I am very pleased with this foundation. Highly recommended. And I got it for just under $5 at my local Target!

0 comments: