Friday, February 6, 2009

A New Start

I got a job! I am a nanny. I sort of can't believe it because this is something I never thought I would do. I have never been much of a kid person. I never liked babysitting. I know this lady (just had her 4th!), and she knew that I had been struggling to find a job, so that's kind of how it came about. No big deal if I find an awesome job and need to tell her that I can't help her anymore. But in the meantime, it will be good to have a little extra cash. I do feel like I am better at this type of thing than when I was a teenage babysitter. I feel like more of an authority and a little more comfortable with kids. I came home exhausted last night (my first day) and relieved to see my dog, happily waiting for me and suddenly seeming like so much less maintenance than ever before.

If I ever sound like I think it's an OK idea to have my kids a year apart, remind me not to.

0 comments: