Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting Back to Homes

Sometimes I think about baby rooms. I do not have a child and I am not pregnant, but you know... who doesn't think about the future, right? Especially if it involves pretty things.

Today I had the idea that if I have a little boy someday I would really love to find a poster or movie still from The Red Balloon. So perfect.

When I first searched, I found this beautiful image, but it's actually not from the 1956 classic. It's from a newer movie called Flight of the Red Balloon.

A lovely image, but I don't know if I would have permission to make a poster out of it. (from allmoviephoto.com)

This is mostly what I could find in the way of posters. Not exactly what I was imagining, but it might do.
I've also considered getting the book and framing a page (or a few) from that.

I like this as something fun and whimsical, but not too baby-ish. Well, maybe it is... I can't really picture a teenage boy with a red balloon poster in his room...

0 comments: