Monday, January 5, 2009

Multi Bags for Multi Purposes

I wrote about my need for a new handbag recently. After the holidays spent with families, I got even more serious about it (maybe it had something to do with staying at my in-laws house and seeing, once again, that my MIL's purse is a little too similar for comfort).
After we got back home, I went ahead and ordered the bag I wanted from Handbag Heaven. I really love this site. Just dedicated to handbags. Free shipping. Copious options in color, style, size, shape, print, embellishments... Etc. My bag is scheduled to come on Wednesday (and I can't find it there anymore, so it must have sold out). But looking around on the website, I can't help but be inspired and picture myself having the perfect bag for all occasions.

When traveling for the holidays, sometimes I wish I had a larger bag. Something to accommodate all my in-flight needs. A magazine, a book, a water bottle, snacks of some sort (I am not a fan of peanuts or most other airline snacks), all my everyday purse essentials and maybe even a laptop or other junk that I don't want to check. A lot to demand of a purse, I know.
But this one at Handbag Heaven looks like it might just do the job. It reminds me of a Birkin Bag (which is probably the idea) and I know I will never own one of those (really don't need to, either). But I like the size and structure of this bag. My only wish is that they would make it in more colors (all they offer is creamy white, gray and black).
As much as I love real leather, I do like the idea of wipe-clean leatherette. And I love the inexpensiveness of it as well, as I tend to tire of my purses after awhile. I think that faux leather has come a long way, so hopefully no one will judge me for having it.

I also like this one, for different purposes. It works as an overnight bag, gym bag, perhaps a baby bag. It definitely is not sleek or streamlined, but I like the print and shape of it. I've never been a leopard print person (don't know why), but this is an animal print I can see me doing.

Honestly, when I travel I usually take a separate bag for toiletries. This one would be a cute option for that kind of thing. Shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer, face wash, moisturizer, contact solution, etc etc... I'm not very good at going without these things (high-maintenance?). I tried to do without a few of my bathroom staples on our last trip and it was not pretty. My skin was really irritated, dry, flaking, etc. I just need my own stuff.

0 comments: