Friday, January 23, 2009

So ... I did it.

I bought the dress. The one I posted on November 18. I kept looking at it online and watching the price go down and a few days ago I tried it on in store. I hadn't fully decided until yesterday afternoon that I really had to have it. After text messaging back and forth to my mom and sister.

Here are some of the things we said:
I sent my mom a picture of me in the dressing room, wearing the dress and she said
"OMG! You look just like the model. It is beautiful!"

Then later she said, "I keep looking at this. It is so pretty!"

I told her that my husband and I decided that I could either have the dress or a new pair of jeans, to which she responded,
"Get the dress! Have him take you out to a nice dinner!"
"Dad just saw the dress. He said "It's a no brainer" between that and jeans! You look fabulous!"

Then my sister: "I saw a picture of you in that dress! So cute! You got it, I hope. It's like the most perfect dress for you!"

So, as you can see - I needed that dress. And it was discounted even further by the time I got to the store today to buy it (after calling last night to have them hold it).

Here I am - the proud owner of a silk dress. Was $150. Marked down to $23.99.
I really hope this dress lasts me a while and becomes a classic in my wardrobe (and really hoping that I can get back to this size someday after I have children).

0 comments: